- Justice of the Peace, Precinct Number 2
- Criminal Traffic
- Alcohol Related Offenses by Minors
Alcohol Related Offenses by Minors
If you have received a citation or have been arrested for the following offenses, you must appear in person before judge Redman within ten days of the citation issued or ten days after you have been released from custody.
Failure to appear may result in your driver's license being suspended.
- Article 106.02. Purchase Alcohol by a Minor: A minor commits an offense if the minor purchases an alcoholic beverage.
- Article 106.025. Attempt to Purchase Alcohol by a Minor: A minor commits an offense if the minor does an act amounting to more than mere preparation that tends, but fails to effect the commission of the offense intended.
- Article 106.04. Consumption of Alcohol by a Minor: A minor commits an offense if the minor consumes an alcoholic beverage outside the visible presence of his parent/guardian or adult spouse.
- Article 106.05. Possession of Alcohol by a Minor: A minor commits an offense if the minor possesses an alcoholic beverage outside the visible presence of his parent/guardian or adult spouse or outside the scope of a function of his employment.
- Article 106.07. Misrepresentation of age by a Minor: A minor commits an offense if the minor falsely states that he is 21 years of age or older or presents any document that indicates he is 21 years of age or older to a person engaged in selling or serving alcoholic beverages.
- Article 106.041. Driving under the influence of alcohol by a Minor: A minor commits an offense if the minor operates a motor vehicle in a public place while having any detectable amount of alcohol in the minor's system.
- PC Article 49.02. Public Intoxication by a Minor: A minor commits an offense in the minor appears in a public place while intoxicated to the degree that the minor may endanger himself or another person.
Article 106.071. Punishment for alcohol related offenses by a minor:
- 8 to 12 hours of Community Service
- Completion of an Alcohol Awareness Course within 90 days
- Driver's License Suspension of 30 days (At the Court's Discretion)
- Fine Range is $1 to $500
- Payment of Court Cost
Failure to Complete Penalties
Article 106.115.: The court shall order the Department of Public Safety to suspend the defendant's driver's license for a period not to exceed six months or to deny issuance of a license for the same period.