Filing a Case in Justice Court

  1. Debt Claim
  2. Eviction
  3. Repair & Remedy
  4. Small Claims

A debt claim case is a lawsuit brought to recover a debt by an assignee of a claim, a debt collector or collection agency, a financial institution, or a person or entity primarily engaged in the business of lending money at interest. The claim can be for no more than $20,000, excluding statutory interest and court costs but including attorney fees if any.

Documents for Filing


  • Debt Claim Filing Fee is $54.00 Made Payable to Justice of the Peace 2. We accept cash, cashier's check or money order.
  • Service Fee in Wise County is $100 (Please call to see what Constable payment should be made payable to and call for Out of County Fees) Wise County Constable accept cash, cashier's check or money order. (MAKE PAYABLE TO "WISE COUNTY CONSTABLE")

You must pay these fees separately.

We will be happy to answer any procedural questions; however; we cannot answer legal questions.

Helpful Instructions